Massage Therapy at Balance for Life, provides relief from stress, tension and pain for men and women. Massage can be a great tool for those who seek a healthy and balanced lifestyle. With the addition of a regular massage regime, you will function better in your everyday life.
- Help release chronic/acute muscle pain and tension
- Improve circulation
- Increase flexibility
- Reduce mental and physical fatigue and stress
- Promote faster healing of injured muscle tissue
- Improve posture
At Balance for Life, you are assured your massage therapist is a trained professional who has received extensive training in the field. We offer several types of massage in order to meet your individual needs including but limited to the following:
- Price and duration vary depending on modality and your individual needs.
- 30, 60, 75 and 90 minute massages available.
- Relaxation Massage - Light to medium pressure to relax your mind, body and spirit.
- Deep Tissue/Sports Massage - Use of medium to heavy pressure to relieve muscle tension and pain.
- Swedish Massage - Incorporates long gliding strokes, kneading and friction techniques.
- Reflexology - A natural healing art based on the principle that there are reflexes in the feet and their referral areas within zone related areas, which correspond to every part, gland and organ of the body. Through application of pressure on these reflexes, the feet being the primary area of application, reflexology relieves tension, improves circulation and helps promote the natural function of the related areas of the body.
- Hot Stone Massage - A relaxation massage performed with heated and oiled basalt stones. Stones are then placed on specific areas of the body to help release muscle tension, providing a very relaxing experience.
- Pregnancy Massage - The structural changes that a woman's body goes through can be profound and some of the most radical in her lifetimes. Massage for the pregnant mother can help ease aches and pains of pregnancy by addressing specific areas of discomfort and facilitate overall relaxation.
- Neuromuscular Therapy is the utilization of static pressure on specific myofascial points to relieve pain. This technique manipulates the soft tissue of the body (muscles, tendons and connective tissue) to balance the central nervous system. Injury, trauma, postural distortion or stress cause nerves to speed up their transmission, inhibiting equilibrium and making the body vulnerable to pain and dysfunction. This is deep, therapeutic, specific work, this modality is often used when a client has an injury and is seeking pain relief and to increase range of motion.
- Seated Chair Massage - Fully clothed seated chair massage provides relief to back, neck and shoulders.
- Oncology Massage - Oncology massage enhances healing of the entire body by integrating the western and eastern modalities of body work in order to address the symptoms of both cancer treatment and the disease. Oncology massage can help diarrhea, constipation, lack of appetite, insomnia, exhaustion, and can lower pain and numerous other side effects from chemotherapy and radiation treatments and surgery. It is basically a body work that is designed specific to the needs of people who are dealing with cancer or cancer treatments. Oncology Massage is a totally unique and different type of massage. These massage therapists have additional, specialized training in oncology massage.
Reiki - Reiki is the name given to a simple yet profound system of natural healing for body and mind. Rei means "universal," and Ki, or Chi, in Chinese means "Life Force Energy". This is a healing technique based on the principle that the therapist can channel energy into the patient by means of touch, to activate the natural healing processes of the patient's body and restore physical and emotional well-being.
- Thai Yoga Massage Thai Yoga Massage is a whole body treatment. Each session combines rhythmic massage, acupressure point work, energy work, and assisted Hatha yoga poses. The receiver is fully clothed on a special thai cushion (similar to a futon cushion) on the floor while the practitioner performs a series of techniques to help release blocked energy and loosen and lengthen tight muscles and relax the mind. There are many benefits to this modality some of which are muscle release, increased joint mobility, improved circulation, decrease and release of stress, increased energy, increased flexibility and more!
Add on to any massage:
Paraffin Hand Treatment $10
With today's hectic schedules and time constraints, sometimes you just need to pack in as much relaxation and as much pampering as you can, when you can. Next time you come in for a treatment, why not get a Paraffin Hand Treatment? Besides the therapeutic benefits such as increased circulation, improved skin color, and relief for aching joints, Paraffin Hand Treatments are very soothing and relaxing and leave your hands smooth and soft. The relaxation you experience during your Paraffin Hand Treatment will follow you throughout your day.
How Does a Paraffin Hand Treatment Work? Hands are submerged into a warm wax bath until the form takes on the look of a glove. Then the hands are placed in mitts while you relax. It's during this relaxation stage that your muscles really begin to release tension they may be holding and the skin on the hands become re-hydrated. When the treatment is over your hands will feel silky, smooth and soft. You will notice a revitalized color and deep relaxation.
Michelle specializes in Swedish, Reflexology and Chair massage. She has also taken courses in acupressure and Pregnancy, Myofascial Release, and Muscular Therapy (deep tissue), and Oncology massage.
Michelle is actively involved in her church and enjoys spending time with her family and friends. She enjoys working out (when she has time), reading, and in the summer, driving around in Emily – a Ford model A Roadster
Certified Massage Therapist / Certified Yoga Instructor
Romelle was always dancing as a little girl. Her love of dance fostered an interest about bodywork, and led her to the U of MN Twin Cities where she earned a BA in Dance. After college, she attended The Minneapolis School of Massage and Bodywork and earned her massage certification. There she learned Deep Tissue, Swedish, Hot Stone, and Trigger Point Therapy techniques for massage.
Her education about bodywork continues to grow as a Yoga teacher. She earned her 200 Hour Teacher certification from Devanadi in Linden Hills, and maintains a RYT-200. Her yoga training taught her that learning is a lifelong journey. She is currently practicing Reiki and is working towards the Master level. She is also a practicing level 3 student of Thai Yoga Bodywork and is working towards finishing her RTT in 2015.
She loves working as a Massage Therapist and Yoga Teacher, and believes that she has found her calling in life. She strives to go into every massage session and yoga class with an intention that is wholehearted and compassionate. She also knows that balancing work and play are important. In her free time she can be found practicing her own yoga and meditating, biking the Grand Rounds with her husband, taking her dogs to the dog park, helping out at the family canoe shop, and knitting.
Specializes in these styles of massage: Swedish, Pregnancy, Deep Tissue/Sports, Hot Stone, Relaxation, Reiki, Trigger Point Therapy and Thai Yoga Bodywork
Click Here To
Meet the Massage Therapists Click here for Bios
$15 off your first one hour massage therapy appointment
(Promotional offers cannot be combined with any other offers.)
Appointment hours: WALK-INS WELCOME!
Mon-Friday 9:00 am until 8 pm
Sat and Sundays 8:30 am until 3 pm
*Same day appointments please call 651-415-9500.
*24 hour notice required for all cancellations.
60 Minute Massage $70 *($55 w/1st time $15 discount)
90 Minute Massage $95 *($80 w/1st time $15 discount)
*$15 off 1st time client appointments!!
*Restrictions apply. Not valid with other promtions. 24-hour cancellation policy on all appointments. Call for details.
Want regular massages? Click here for discount packages and more pricing!! (family members can share)